Cementing The Seams

The Plot Sickens

     

More great stuff from the inbox.  Sirs are a band from New York who do the up-tempo emo revival thing.  Poppy hooks, gang vocals, twiddly guitars.  It's nothing new but you have to admire bands that do this sort of thing as well as Sirs.  I don't know if this is available on a physical format,  but if it was I would suggest that you buy it.  If it isn't though, they are soon releasing a split 7" with Chalk Talk, a band with whom they have a lot in common and that my girlfriend loves.  So I imagine I'll be hearing a lot of these dudes in the future, which doesn't bother me a bit.  If you are into bands like Algernon Cadwallader or others of that ilk, then definitely give Sirs a shot.

For fans of:  Cap'n Jazz, Monument, Chalk Talk

Stream and Download at Bandcamp

0 comments:

Post a Comment