Cementing The Seams

The Plot Sickens

     


Let me apologize for the recent downtime around here. I recently moved into a new apartment and haven't had internet, or time for listening to music (though I have been occasionally tweeting and tumbling from my phone). Therefore, I have a stack of new records I haven't listened to yet and an inbox full of good music. Anyway, we are now mostly moved in so I should have a little more extra time that I plan to fill with music.

With that out of the way, Ekt Ack are a group of guys from Croatia with a 90's post-hardcore vibe that draw from a lot of different styles of the era. I want to compare them with Jawbox, Drive Like Jehu and Hum all at the same time, but that doesn't really make sense until you listen to it. I'm a sucker for all that stuff though so Ekt Ack really appeals to me. "Manifolds" is really, really good but unfortunately it's only 3 songs. I don't know what these guys are up to in the future but I really hope it involves more releases. Ekt Ack made my day.

For fans of: Those bands I mentioned

Ekt Ack at Bandcamp


Get it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment