Cementing The Seams

The Plot Sickens

     

Good news: Dolcim's sophomore LP is out.  Bad news:  They are playing their final show in Nashville on August 9th.  Good news: "We Carry The Fire" is really good.  Bad news:  It's still not available stateside (that I can find) other than (I assume) from the band.

"We Carry The Fire" is the next logical step for Dolcim.  They've almost completely shed their remnant screamo sound for a more hardcore-leaning, His Hero Is Gone style feel on this LP, and I couldn't be more pleased.  In a way I suppose Dolcim sortof mirrored CUTC in that they both produced two amazing records that sound completely different, which, in hardcore, is pretty much the perfect career.  It's a shame that Dolcim won't be releasing anymore material (aside from the already recorded split 7" with Hammers), but I'm sure these dudes will get up to something just as exciting in the future.  Until then, I will enjoy the hell out this record.  Every time I listen it gets better.

For fans of:  Cease Upon The Capitol, His Hero Is Gone, Alpinist

Dolcim on Myspace

Get it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment