Cementing The Seams

The Plot Sickens

     

Lately it seems like any time the term 'math rock' appears anywhere it is clear impetus for somebody to mention the band Tera Melos.  I'd heard their previous material and was always pretty quick to shrug it off, but "Patagonian Rats" demands attention and deserves it too.  Of course all the elements are there; complicated meter, angular rythms, songs that could easily be 2 or 3 different tracks.  Tera Melos don't do anything that hasn't been done already, but they certainly do it in style.  One of the things that seperates "Patagonian Rats" from the rest of their material is the amount of vocal work.  A noticable increase worked heavily in their favor on the new LP (then again, you may be aware my prejudice regarding instrumental music).  Here is how much I like this album:  I bought the double LP for $20, even though I hate double lp's and I think $20 is too much to pay for a record.  Now when somebody mentions 'math rock', even I will say "did you hear the new Tera Melos?"

For fans of:  Other Men, Les Savy Fav, Dismemberment Plan

Stream it on Bandcamp

Buy it.  (on vinyl with 3 exclusive tracks)

Get it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment